Sales Support Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in Marine Systems, Automation, Propulsion Control, Tank Gauging, Dynamic Positioning, Navigation, Deck Machinery, Propulsion Systems, Sensors and Robotics.
Kongsberg Maritime Commercial Marine SA is representing Kongsberg Maritime’s business units and product lines in the Greek and the Cyprus Shipping Market.
The Global Customer Support is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for selling the total scope of KM Services and solutions towards customers in the market place. This division has built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the best sales results and most innovative and reliable service solutions to ensure optimal operation at sea for our customers.
As a Sales Support Engineer you will be playing a significant role in performing activities supporting the sales team in generating sales revenues and increase customer relationship which includes offer spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul support. You will be the link between the sales team, customer and internal organization. Throughout the entire process until the completion of the job you keep the contact with the customer.
• Support the Sales Manager, KAM or CRM before, during and after customer interventions
• Support the Sales Manager, KAM or CRM on visits to key customers as required
• Set up proposals/quotations based on input from the Sales team in the areas of spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul support
• Understand customer requirements
• Respond to customers on planned maintenance activities and dockings. Coordinate these activities internally
• Build and maintain relationships with the customer
• Manage time lines and deadlines
• Use of appropriate systems and tools to assist in managing local business in accordance to the sales process
• Pro-actively manage customer master data
• Pro-actively review outstanding quotations, orders and debts and update the customer weekly
• Escalate issues to Sales Manager, KAM or CRM where appropriate.
• Prepare dry docking planning folders and planned maintenance documents
• Prepare packs for planned maintenance meetings
• Education at degree level within relevant subject
• Experience in sales support and customer facing activities
• Several years of experience from maritime or related industries
• Knowledge of Kongsberg Maritime products and services
Work location: Greece, Athens.
Reporting: The position reports to Head of aftermarket Sales – Middle East and Mediterranean
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication