Sales Manager (f / m / d)
Kongsberg Maritime GmbH is based in Hamburg, Germany. KONGSBERG, is a marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors. Headquartered in Norway, Kongsberg has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime GmbH is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the maritime segment, oil and gas industry, defense and aerospace
The Sales Manager reports to the Head of Sales Germany and helps us meet our targets by ensuring strong customer relations, working effectively with yards, customers and partners to sell and promote Kongsberg Maritime products and solutions. Kongsberg Maritime has a broad product portfolio, and we`re looking for a person who is able to understand customer demands and effectively position our products and systems accordingly. As a provider of products and system solutions, our ambition is to cross-sell and up-sell to our customers and promote the right level of offerings. The team based in Germany works closely with product experts and sales experts at HQ, and together our global teams provide excellent customer knowledge and relations combined with deep product and system knowledge.
You will join an experienced team, and together we are responsible for maximizing our sales potential.
In this position your main responsibilities are:
- To create and maintain customer relations
- Develop sales and customer strategies for our products and solutions
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Operational sales towards defined areas and customers
- Preparation of quotations and manage contract negotiations
- Coordinate customer activities with sales resources within Kongsberg Maritime
- Order intake budget, prognoses short and long term.
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Arranging to attend industry conferences and events
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or equal is preferred
- Sales and marketing experience from the maritime industry and good understanding of vessel operations
- Experience in customer negotiation, sales and commercial processes.
- Awareness of relevant industries / competitors
- Good communication skills in both English and German
- Travelling will be required for this role
You are able to
- Identify commercial opportunities and understand how to contribute to business growth and profitability
- Make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Focus highly on our customers and are motivated for new challenges
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Work effectively across our organization, liaising with regional sales people, HQ sales teams and product experts and teams
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Proactive, constructive and actively looking for solutions and collaboration
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Sebastian Jobs, Head of Sales (Germany)
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication