Do you want as role in our Ship Design sales team?
Sales Manager - Ship Design
Kongsberg Maritime AS, dep. Ship Design – develops ship design and integrated solutions for a large number of vessel types including Offshore, Renewable Energy, Fishery and Merchant vessels and other Special Purpose vessels. Our Ship Design department is composed of competent, creative employees from Norway (Ulsteinvik and Ålesund) and Croatia working globally.
Are you good at building relationships and trust with others? Are you open and curious, finding it exciting and enjoyable to work with our customers? Do you like challenges, possess perseverance, and enjoy solving problems together with others? If you also have an interest in sales, our products, systems, and technology, this is a superb opportunity for you!
We need more employees for our Ship Design sales team and are looking for someone interested in working in an environment that is global, collaborative, and offers significant opportunities for both professional and personal development.
In sales, you'll have the chance to influence the market and our customers, be part of driving how the industry evolves, take part in the Green Shift of Ocean Space and contribute to the sale of our Ship Design and integrated solutions.
Depending on your background and experience, we will tailor the role for you. For example, you could have a Sales Engineer role, which would serve as a stepping stone to a more independent sales role, a Sales Manager role that works closely in a team with strong support from others, or a Sales Director role with responsibility for order intake and operational tasks to sell our services and solutions.
- In sales you contribute to order-intake by working closely with our existing and new customers to develop strong customer relationships.
- You'll be able to use your technical and commercial acumen and knowledge to understand technical specifications, requirements, and contract terms, and you'll work on offer calculations and sales documentation.
- You'll participate in exciting and sometimes demanding contract negotiations with large and small global customers across different segments.
- Additionally, you'll gain valuable market insights and relevant market data to participate in the development of sales strategies and plans to succeed with our Ship Design and solutions.
The environment you'll be working in is built on collaboration, and you'll work closely with other sales teams, both in segments and regions. We cannot succeed without utilizing our global, diverse, and competent team.
What do we require from you?
- Technical or maritime education at the college level or equivalent
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
- Interest in the commercial aspects of what we sell and deliver
- Contribution to the team with professional commitment, creativity, curiosity, and a liking for collaboration with different professional groups.
Don't have all the knowledge in place? That's understandable, and we'll ensure you receive proper training, guidance, and mentoring in the initial period.
Do you have broad experience and knowledge within the various fields? Fantastic! You'll be able to contribute by sharing expertise within the team.
At KONGSBERG, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement. Research shows that women and minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Your unique perspective is valuable to us. Your skills, attitude and perspective could be exactly what we are looking for!
What we can offer
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- We offer flexible working hours and the option to work remote or from home office
Protechting People and Planet guides us, and diverse backgrounds ignite problem-solving
Point of contact
Jørn Heltne, VP Sales Ship Design, phone +47 90892780
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and market place. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
Protechting people and planet