Sales Manager - Propulsion
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. The offices of Kongsberg Maritime Finland are in Rauma, Kokkola and Turku. In Finland we design, manufacture and market propulsion thrusters, deck machinery and waterjets, in addition to designing new solutions for the maritime industry. We offer a versatile and demanding job in the line of global marine technology, training and positive career development, and a supportive working environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Sales Manager - Propulsion, reporting to VP Sales Propulsion, and focusing on the tug market. In this role, you will be a part of the Product Sales team selling and promoting Kongsberg Maritime products and solutions to Shipyards, Shipowners and Designers.
Kongsberg Maritime has a broad product portfolio, and you will need to understand customer demands and effectively position our products and systems accordingly. As a provider of products and system solutions, our ambition is to protect Thruster System business, cross-sell other Kongsberg Maritime products for the opportunity and grow business by reaching out to new customers and business areas. Our team works closely with the factory Sales Support, Product Management, Procurement, Delivery Planning and Aftersales, and together with our global sales teams.
Join us now, and you will be an essential part in our already experienced team working together to maximize our sales potential!
- Creating Thruster System sales opportunities and solutions
- Consulting customer technically for the right product solution, identifying application opportunities and risks
- Providing quotations, technical specifications, and other documents to the customer on time with accountability for Profit and Loss
- Analyzing and controlling commercial risks
- Making contracts with customers according to the business requirements and customer expectations
- Acting as a “Central Hub” between Customer and Kongsberg Maritime product division functions
- Maintaining a deep understanding of customer needs
- Resolving escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Providing expertise when setting and adjusting customer account plans
- Meeting organization’s sales targets through effective planning and budgeting
- Developing sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients
- Analyzing sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Monitoring competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Supporting Regional Sales Manager in achieving sales goals and objectives
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Business or equal is preferred.
- Azimuth Thruster product knowledge
- Sales and marketing experience from the maritime or naval industry and good understanding of vessel operations
- Experience in customer negotiation, sales, and commercial processes.
- Awareness of relevant industries / competitors
- Travelling will be required for this role
You are able to
- build relationships, lead, and inspire others to maximize the market’s potential
- identify commercial opportunities and have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- be convincing, impactful, and persuasive, and have the ability to promote plans and ideas successfully
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in Azimuth Thrusters
- provide advanced negotiation expertise
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Jussi Kuusisto, Sales Director, tel. +358 50 375 1028
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and marketplace. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
The Tug market is very important to Kongsberg Maritime and since last year the market trends have turned positive after the worldwide pause in shipbuilding due to the pandemic. The shipping industry, and the terminals and harbors that serve it are now in renewed need of tugs to assist, and in general, the market is looking very positive.
Kongsberg Maritime's US Azimuth Thruster series, manufactured in Rauma on the west coast of Finland, have been a popular choice in the tug market, which is proven by over 6000 globally delivered US units in the past 50+ years. The US series thrusters have evolved over the five decades they have been in the market, as shipyards are searching for ways to cut both time and costs from boat building processes, and the shipping industry sets ever higher standards for performance.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication