Sales Manager - Naval Sonars
An exciting opportunity has arisen as our Sales Manager for Naval Sonars at Kongsberg Maritime. You will be an integral part of our Naval team responsible for delivering solution for a wide range of Naval applications. In this role, you will travel and operate independently towards Naval customers globally. Recent operational Navy experience, knowledge about Naval application and operation is required.
As our Sales Manager, you will be tasked with business development to build on existing naval customers and expand into new areas. You will be trained in sales and product technology, but we require that you have recent operational Navy experience, in addition to knowledge about Naval application and operation. As a person, you characterize yourself as a competent, engaging and a credible communicator in naval circles.
Business development and sales activities for underwater sensors and solutions towards the Naval market, including the following aspects:
- Promotion and sales of sonars and systems for Naval applications
- Work within the Norwegian Naval team during tender periods, including compiling complex bid submissions
- Advise and participate in product strategy and roadmaps planning
- Present our solutions at conferences, trade shows, demonstrations and customer meetings
Qualifications and experience
- Operational experience from the Navy and one or more of the following applications: Anti-Submarine Warfare, Submarine operations, Mine-Countermeasures, Unmanned Naval Platforms and Harbor Surveillance
- Experience from defence sales or procurement
- Work experience and knowledge of sensor systems
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Ability to travel internationally up to 100 days per year without special restrictions
This employment requires security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority on level SECRET. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. Should the hired candidate not be eligible for security clearance, the employment will be terminated. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- understand the organization's informal rules and structures and utilize political processes effectively to get things done
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Thomas Hostvedt Dahle, Director Sales Naval Sonars: +47 900 65 685
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and marketplace. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication