Sales Manager - Marine Robotics, Defence
A unique opportunity has emerged as our Sales Manager for Marine Robotics across the defence sector. At Kongsberg Maritime, you will have the opportunity to influence the adoption of unmanned and autonomous technology by navies around the world. Building on your recent operational experience you will, together with the team, drive growth in the Naval market and help develop future operational concepts for unmanned systems. In this global role you will work independently, travel and work remotely.
As our Sales Manager for Marine Robotics in defence, it is imperative that you have recent operational mine countermeasures, MCM, experience. By this we mean that you have a clear understanding of MCM doctrine, how unmanned system play their part and communicate that credibly. You are commercial oriented, committed, collaborate efficiently and show determination in your work.
- Sales of Kongsberg Maritime's marine robotics solutions for defence applications
- Participate in and lead bid teams to compile technical and commercial responses to formal tenders
- Present at conferences, trade shows, demonstrations and customer meetings
- Provide technical and application feedback to the product development team to drive future capabilities
- Support the wider sales and marketing organisation
Qualifications and experience
- Recent operational MCM experience from either a Scandinavian, NATO, Australian or New Zealand Navy
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Credible and engaging presenter
- Able to travel internationally without restriction up to 150 days per year
- It is desirable that you have defence sales or procurement experience and working knowledge of unmanned maritime technology
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. Should the hired candidate not be eligible for security clearance, the employment will be terminated. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Horten (Strandpromenaden) or Aberdeen. Other locations can be discussed.
Point of contact
Richard Mills, Vice President Marine Robotics Sales, +44 7884 549100
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and marketplace. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication