Sales Engineer Power & Hybrid solutions - Aftermarket Sales
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Our customers demand up-time on their assets, and strive to keep total cost as low as possible. Aftermarket Sales has an opportunity to act as a reliable partner for our customers to achieve their goals, using our competence to provide solutions and services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Aftermarket Sales team as a Sales Engineer - Power & Hybrid solutions. In this role you will be playing a significant role in performing activities supporting the sales team in generating sales revenues and increase customer relationship which includes offer spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul support globally. You will be the link between the sales team, customer and internal organization. With us you will get to work in an awesome team with very skilled colleagues, get posibilities to learn and develop, and at the same time contribute to a better world with our solutions.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals for Power & Hybrid systems (with or without energy storage) for electrical products including, LV/MV/HV switchboards, frequency converter drives, energy storage, DC switchboard concepts, rotating machinery and transformers
- Electrical design including drawings of proposed system solution, together with relevant technical departments
- Sales support including direct contact with customers/partners and customer meetings
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement strategies to maximize aftermarket potential
- Participate in developing aftermarket products and services
Qualifications and experience
- Higher technical education, preferably on a Bachelor or MSc level
- Experience from the maritime industry
- Knowledge of Power & Hybrid solutions for vessels and rigs
- Experience in preparation, delivery and negotiation of commercial proposals
- Experience from aftermarket sales activity is preferred
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- with proven competence and effort, the position will change to Aftermarket Sales Manager according to agreement
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stein Erik Øvstetun, +47 95 88 54 76
Odd Hagen, +47 95 88 51 22
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication