Sales Engineer - Customer training
Join our team and be part of a company that is world leading in maritime automation and products. If you are passionate about the maritime industry, have a knack for sales, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a talented and driven Sales Engineer to join our product training team. As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for promoting and selling our comprehensive portfolio of maritime automation and products training solutions, to clients in the maritime sector. You will play a crucial role in driving revenue growth and expanding our customer base.
- Meet with customers to identify training requirements
- Cooperate with other parts of KM sales organization, to ensure that training needs are met as part of product sale
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with clients, like ILS (naval), cross product training deliveries etc
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Collaborate with other parts of KM sales organizations, to ensure successful delivery of training programs
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitors' offerings
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and other events to promote our training programs and generate leads
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Maritime Studies, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in sales or business development within the maritime industry, preferably selling training services or related products.
- Strong understanding of maritime automation systems, products, and technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated with a proactive and results-oriented approach.
- Willingness to travel to client sites, industry events, and conferences as required.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- develop a high-reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer flexible working hours and the option to work remote or from home office
Point of contact
Harald Lundestad, Vice President - Training and Advisory, +4745884613
Ole-Martin Bere, Operations Manager - Training and Advisory, +4747931660
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication