Do you believe that our oceans are vital to our future? Are you curious about these unexplored depths, and want to create technology for exploring some of the most uninhabitable places on Earth?
We are looking for a Robotics Engineer who will be a part of our test and integration team, who build and test our products. You will work in an informal and good environment with highly skilled engineers. The job is varied and contains a wide variety of task.
We in Kongsberg Maritime create, design and build autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) and autonomous unmanned surface vessels (USVs) that can explore from the sea surface and down to 6000 meters below. Our vehicles are autonomous and can operate alone for days and weeks at a time, gathering information about the seafloor, the water, and objects in the water. We create and integrate advanced sensors for information gathering, maritime navigation and communication.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of AUVs and other underwater robotics with associated equipment.
- Inspection and approval of parts and materials from subcontractors
- Test, run-up and verification of products and systems
- Participation in customer-related tests
- Support customers in the field
- Operation of AUV / USV in the field
Qualifications and experience
- Technician, engineer or equivalent
- Understanding of electronics, mechanics and software
- Background to master the following tasks after training: AUV data systems, hydrographic sensors, acoustic equipment, maintenance and replacement of electronics and mechanics components
- Proficiency in English and Norwegian in writing and orally
This employment requires security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stig Råen, Group Manager Robotics Integration, +47 404 54 595
More information on our products can be found at:
www.unmanned-survey.com/ and www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/marine-robotics/
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication