We are looking for a Robotics Engineer who will be part of our test and integration team, who build and test our autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) and autonomous unmanned surface vessels (USVs). This is a multidisciplinary role where you can use your skills in mechanics, electronics and software. You will be part of a department with flat structure where we want you to take ownership for own tasks. We have an informal work environment with highly skilled engineers which plays a vital part in delivering the worlds most advanced marine robotics for Kongsberg Maritime. If you thrive with getting new challenges daily, would like to combine practical and theoretical work we would like to hear from you.
More information on our products can be found at www.unmanned-survey.com/ and www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/marine-robotics/
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of AUVs and other underwater robotics with associated equipment.
- Inspection and approval of parts and materials from subcontractors
- Test, run-up and verification of products and systems
- Participation in customer-related tests
- Support customers in the field
- Operation of AUV / USV in the field
Qualifications and experience
- Technician, engineer or equivalent within electronics, mechanics or software
- Understanding of electronics, mechanics or software
- Proficiency in English and Norwegian in writing and orally
- Background to master the following tasks after training: AUV data systems, hydrographic sensors, acoustic equipment, maintenance and replacement of electronics and mechanics components
This employment requires security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- combine theoretical knowledge and practical work
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
Point of contact
Stig Råen, Group Manager Robotics Integration, +47 404 54 595
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication