Riser & Marine Engineering – Data Analytics
Kongsberg Maritime is at the forefront of technology and innovation within the Maritime, renewable energy and Oil & Gas sector with systems on more than 30,000 vessels and more than 7,000 employees in 120 offices in 34 countries around the world. We have created an integrated portfolio of systems and services for businesses, partners and nations operating from the depths of the sea; to outer space; to the digital frontier.
The Kongsberg Maritime Riser Systems business unit in the Integrated Solutions division is experiencing growing demand for our services and solutions worldwide and are now inviting candidates to apply for employment at our west Houston office.
We are seeking candidates with engineering domain experience within energy including renewables, upstream Oil & Gas and maritime industry preferably combined with data analytics and software development competence to help build next-generation digital solutions to support KM’s extensive product portfolio for and together with our Clients.
What's in it for you:
You will be working together with highly skilled colleagues with strong domain knowledge within Dynamic Positioning, Marine Automation & Control System, Sensor Technology, Marine Operations, Floater and Riser design and analysis, and all of the necessary infrastructure, tools and data to deliver value to our customers. This includes:
- Working with advanced vessel, riser and wellhead monitoring systems as well as data acquisition, analysis and presentation
- Working with hydrodynamic vessel analysis including Kongsberg Dynamic Positioning controllers and control systems
- Working with dynamic riser, umbilical and power cable analysis for drilling and production systems
- Working with offshore wind related projects (design, installation and operation)
- Combine the above to develop statistical and machine learning models for data analysis
- Build and implement algorithms, applications and dashboards to support KM’s product portfolio and customer projects transforming data into actionable items and return value
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends in digital technology including machine learning and A.I.
What do we expect:
- Masters/PhD in engineering (Structural/ Mechanical/ Marine/ Naval Architect/ Engineering Mechanics) and/or applied Math, Physics, Computer Science
- 2-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with standard riser analysis tools like Flexcom, Orcaflex, Riflex or equivalent software tools is preferred
- Familiarity with standard production riser systems including SCRs, top tension risers and flexible risers etc. is preferred
- Familiarity with drilling riser systems and analysis is preferred
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, Matlab, C# or C++
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to interpret high-level business objectives into a strategy
- Self-initiated learner, positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
We would also prefer the following :
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms such as Regression, Decision Trees and Neural Networks. Familiarity with machine learning toolkits such as TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn etc.
- Experience in using statistical and numerical methods to create data driven solutions
- Experience with database technologies such as OSISoft PI System or other for handling time series data
- Knowledge about signal processing, instrumentation, automation and control systems.
We do we offer:
- Opportunity to work with products leading the digitalization efforts in energy, upstream oil & gas and maritime industry
- Challenging work in an international technology leading and innovative work environment
- Opportunity to work in a highly competent and client-driven business
- A high degree of personal autonomy within agreed areas of responsibility
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits
- An exciting journey.