R&D Test Engineer
We in Kongsberg Maritime are now looking for an R&D Test Engineer to join our Embedded System team. This exciting position is in our central technology department, where we design underwater acoustic systems.
We are looking for a R&D Test Engineer who is a structured, organized person who is interested in supporting our product development tests. You are passionate about testing and scripting. Newly educated bachelor or master students are encouraged to apply.
Your coworkers are leading experts in acoustics, electronics, signal processing and embedded design. Joining us you will be working within a strong professional environment, and you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Active part of our new DevOps & Test Automation team
- Support R&D engineers in test, test reporting and documentation
- Carry out Software, Firmware and Hardware tests with tools according to requirements and test descriptions
- Develop and maintain automatic tests
- Give feedback to R&D engineers and project leaders
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Bachelor or Master of science
- Experience with automatic tests and test-tools
- Knowledge about Azure DevOps and Git is and advantage, but not required
- Experience with Python and/or Matlab to analyze sonar data is an advantage
- Good communication skill – both in English and Norwegian
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Kåre Anders Holmeset, + 47 951 20 968
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.