Come create the future with us
R&D Software Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime is now looking for an R&D Software Engineer to join our embedded team. Within Kongsberg Maritime, the Subsea Acoustic Technology unit is responsible for keeping our world class product portfolio at the forefront by innovation, new development and enhancement projects.
The Embedded group develops communication and processing solutions for our acoustic sensor products. Simple and user-friendly solutions are important.
We want to expand our development team and seek a C++ software developer that will actively participate in discussions, design, software architecture and test framework. The developer will get good insight in how sensors are integrated in the products.
It is important that you are cooperative and able to share your knowledge and ideas as well as adapt to established solutions and methods. We encourage newly educated candidates to apply.
- Develop software for integrating our wide range of sonars into the company product line
- Work in small team and strive for a test-driven development
- Actively participate in design and API discussions
Qualifications and experience
- Experienced C++ programmer
- Bachelor or Master in computer science, cybernetics or similar
- Fluency in English and Norwegian, both verbal and in writing
It is an advantage to have experience or interest in
- Understanding of good programming practice, principles and patterns
- Using programming languages such as C, C++, C#/.Net/CLI, Python
- Working with Linux and Windows
- Software development on embedded hardware, ARM, microcontrollers or similar
- Using tools such as Visual Studio, VS Code, Git, CMake, Azure DevOps
- Network communication using UDP/TCP sockets or high-level protocols such as gRPC or HTTP/REST
You are able to
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourages team.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
What we can offer you
We are a team of highly qualified colleagues who are willing to share our knowledge and experience.
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
Horten or Asker
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.