Come create the future with us
R&D Engineer/Senior R&D Enigineer (KM 19-033)
At Kongsberg, we believe in solving challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and innovative technology.
Over the years we have built Marine Robotics to be world leader within unmanned autonomous vehicles. To meet an exciting future, we are seeking highly motivated research and developers.
Kongsberg Maritime is a world leading supplier of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and autonomous unmanned surface vessels (USV). We offer robotic systems from sea surface down to 6000 m below the surface. We develop the world leading HUGIN, MUNIN and REMUS AUVs. Kongsberg Maritime Marine Robotics department is now searching for engineers to develop software for a new generation of AUVs, USVs and vessel robotics.
In addition to be part of a team developing solutions that aim to improve the global environment, you will be given the opportunity to make important contributions both to the international maritime markets and to the future of our company.
Main tasks and responsibilites
- Specification, algorithm development, implementation and test of software for
o Control and navigation of autonomous vessels
o Communication and state monitoring
o Data analysis and multi sensor integration
- Efficient implementation of software on embedded systems
- Responsible for delivery of technical results
- MSc or equivalent in cybernetics, computer science, mathematics, or similar
- C++ programming experience
- Beneficial with experience within areas such as robotics and control, autonomous vessels, multi sensor integration, and distributed architectures
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems is desired
- Cooperative and responsible
- Analytical, systematic and efficient
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in developing own role based on competence and previous experience.
The position reports to: Group Manager SW
The candidates will be evaluated on an ongoing basis