Come create the future with us!
In the position as an R&D Engineer (Signal Processing) you will apply your knowledge in applied mathematics and signal processing to develop underwater acoustic systems. You can make a difference by introducing new methods in an established field, boosting performance of hydroacoustic sensors (sonar, ADCP, echo sounder etc.) within a wide range of applications including ocean science, sustainable fisheries and defense.
The position is in our central technology department designing underwater acoustic systems. Your coworkers are leading experts in acoustics, electronics, embedded design and signal processing, passionate about their work and ready to share their knowledge. In the beginning you will work on sonars, ADCP and echo sounders. You will have the opportunity to develop your role based on competence and interest. We also encourage newly graduates to apply.
- Develop and improve signal processing methods that optimize performance within the constraints of a real system
- Model and analyze underwater acoustic systems to understand performance in practice
- Contribute to the complete development cycle, from design to implementation and ocean testing
Relevant qualifications and experience
- Strong theoretical background (MSc/PhD) in Signal Processing, Applied Mathematics or similar
- Beamforming, filter design, detection, classification or tracking
- Numerical mathematics, mathematical modelling, wave propagation modelling (e.g. ray tracing)
- Experience from hydroacoustics or related domains, e.g. radar, ultrasound, seismics, audio, optics
- Programming skills, e.g. MATLAB, Python, C/C++, VHDL, R
You are able to
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
Horten or Trondheim
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication