Come create the future with us
R&D Engineer Software for Marine Robotics (KM 19-176)
At Kongsberg, we believe in solving challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and innovative technology.
Over the years we have built Marine Robotics to be world leader within unmanned autonomous vehicles. We are working on new innovative robotics to meet global environmental challenges.
To meet an exciting future, we are seeking highly motivated research and developers to make the robotics for the future. You will be actively participating in the creation of autonomous robots to handle all phases of an operation, as well as develop capabilities to process smart data collected to optimize robot operation.
In addition to be part of a team developing solutions that aim to improve the global environment, you will be given the opportunity to make important contributions both to the international maritime markets and to the future of our company.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Establish smart conditional monitoring for the robotic system
- Make the conditional monitoring work to support autonomy including research within this area
- Establish automated reporting for customers and users of the robots
- Master of science in cybernetics, computer science or similar
- C++ programming experience
- Experience from algorithms applied on recorded timeseries and large data sets
- Experience from analyses and simulation work in Matlab and similar
- Skills to successfully implement right methods for smart conditional monitoring
- Able to select solution best fit for use
- Interested to work with reach and universities
- Constructive work in teams
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in developing own role based on competence and previous experience.