Come create the future with us
R&D Engineer Navigation for Marine Robotics (KM 19-172)
At Kongsberg, we believe in solving challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and innovative technology.
Over the years we have built Marine Robotics to be world leader within unmanned autonomous vehicles. We are working on new innovative robotics to meet global environmental challenges.
To meet an exciting future, we are seeking highly motivated research and developers to make the robotics for the future. You will be actively participating in the creation of autonomous robots to handle all phases of an operation, as well as develop capabilities to process smart data collected to optimize robot operation.
In addition to be part of a team developing solutions that aim to improve the global environment, you will be given the opportunity to make important contributions both to the international maritime markets and to the future of our company.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design and program multi sensor navigation
- Simulate, analyse and optimise navigation accuracy
- Bring navigation into a fully autonomous environment
- Master of Science in cybernetics, computer science or similar
- C++ programming experience
- Knowledge of Linux and embedded systems
- Positive with knowledge within sensor integration, navigation technics, visual sensors and autonomous logic
- Systematic execution with focus on accuracy
- Skillset to search for new combinations and solutions
- Constructive work in teams
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in developing own role based on competence and previous experience.