In the position as an R&D Engineer (Wireless Underwater Communication) you will apply your knowledge in communication engineering and signal processing to develop the next generation of acoustic communication systems. You can make a difference by contributing to robust wireless connections for underwater drones and sensors essential for sustainable human presence in the world oceans and waterways. The systems have a wide range of applications including offshore oil and gas, renewable energy, subsea mining, ocean science, sustainable fisheries, defense and more.
The position is in our central technology department designing underwater acoustic systems. Your coworkers are leading experts in acoustics, electronics, embedded design and signal processing, passionate about their work and ready to share their knowledge. In the beginning you will work on underwater network design and channel modelling. You will have the opportunity to develop your role based on competence and interest. We also encourage newly graduates to apply.
- Develop and improve acoustic communication methods that optimize performance within the constraints of real products
- Model and analyze underwater acoustic communication systems
- Contribute to the complete development cycle, from design to implementation and ocean testing
Relevant qualifications and experience
- Wireless system and network design, e.g. mesh topologies, MAC and routing
- Wave propagation and communication coverage modelling
- Acoustic communication or related domains like radio frequency IoT, low overhead protocol systems, energy efficient communication, LPWAN
- Implementation skills, e.g. Python, C/C++, MATLAB, VHDL
- Strong theoretical background (MSc/PhD) in Signal Processing, Communication Engineering, Physics or similar
You are able to
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication