Looking for new challenges ?
R&D Embedded SW Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant marine, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
The Underwater Acoustics department develops products and services within Underwater Mapping, Ocean Sciences, Underwater Positioning and Communication, and Naval Sonars. Much of this equipment is used to explore and monitor our ocean.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as R&D SW engineer. In this role, you will be a part of a SW team responsible for embedded SW running on microcontrollers used in products for Ocean Science. The Ocean Science group makes advanced EK 80 echo sounders and ADCPs used by leading scientists all around the world, as well as on autonomous vessels such as Saildrone. You will be responsible for embedded SW modules and contribute to product development.
- Develop and maintain software for the EK 80 echo sounders and ADCPs
Qualifications and experience
- BSc / MSc in software programming, electronics or similar.
- Embedded programming in C and C++.
- Microcontrollers, ARM plattforms.
- Real-time programming, real time operating systems.
- Signal processing.
- Software architecture.
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination.
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication