Come create the future with us
R&D Engineer Autonomy for Marine Robotics (KM 19-174)
At Kongsberg, we believe in solving challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and innovative technology.
Over the years we have built Marine Robotics to be world leader within unmanned autonomous vehicles. We are working on new innovative robotics to meet global environmental challenges.
To meet an exciting future, we are seeking highly motivated research and developers to make the robotics for the future. You will be actively participating in the creation of autonomous robots to handle all phases of an operation, as well as develop capabilities to process smart data collected to optimize robot operation.
In addition to be part of a team developing solutions that aim to improve the global environment, you will be given the opportunity to make important contributions both to the international maritime markets and to the future of our company.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design and program autonomy for underwater robotics
- Simulate, analyse and model autonomous behavior for all phases of the operation
- Optimise behaviour from collected data up against simulated data
- Contribute to smart conditional monitoring with the robotics
- MSc or PhD in cybernetics, computer science or similar
- Programming experience, preferably C++
- Knowledge and interest in autonomous systems and technics
- Knowledge of autonomy frameworks and simulation tools
- Skills to successfully implement new technics and methods for autonomy and smart data
- Able to select solution best fit for use
- Constructive work in teams
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in developing own role based on competence and previous experience.