Quality Inspection Team Leader
Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for positioning, navigation and automation to various vessels and offshore installations, as well as products and systems for seabed surveying and monitoring.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the key role of a Quality Inspection Team Leader based at our Dalgety Bay site, near Dunfermline. Working within our busy Operations team, the post-holder will be responsible for the coordination of all inspection activities of machined parts, assembly & test and incoming goods. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen, ‘can-do’ attitude and a high degree of flexibility.
- Coordination of all inspection activities and ensure inspection priorities are established and communicated to Quality Team
- Ensure teams and own compliance to HSE Policies and Standards
- Liaise with Survey Society and facilitate Factory Acceptance Tests as per requirements
- Compiling and ensuring accuracy of customer data books in accordance with Kongsberg Maritime and customer requirements
- Deliver daily toolbox talks with Quality Team
- To ensure that the quality requirements of the customer and Kongsberg Maritime are achieved within the Operations environment at Dunfermline.
- To carry out planned inspection, in-process inspection and patrol inspection raising potential quality issues with the appropriate personnel. Ensuring all personnel within the manufacturing areas are adhering to the required quality standards.
- To carry out final inspection of contracts to establish that all manufacturing and customer requirements achieved prior to delivery.
- To raise NCRs promptly on discovering a non-conformance and to ensure that the material is identified and rectified prior to use in manufacture.
- To inspect / witness tests of items at both Kongsberg Maritime Dunfermline and suppliers premises when required.
- Responsible for ensuring all inspection requirements are carried out in accordance with Quality Plans and in a timely manner to accommodate production requirements.
- To coordinate calibration of measuring equipment
- Support continuous improvement and best practice
- Carry out any other task within your capabilities as designated by your Line Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in managing a team
- Time served with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Engineering environment.
- NDT Level II qualification - preferred
- Experience in use of CMM equipment and other precision measurement equipment
- Computer literacy - primarily Excel and Word, together with Jobscope ERP system – not essential as training will be given.
- Must be motivated, prepared to use their own initiative, work with little supervision, have good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment, responding quickly and efficiently to requirements.