Project Manager, DMMC - Aftermarket Projects
Our team at Kongsberg Maritime is looking for a Project Manager, Deck Machinery and Motion Control (DMMC) Aftermarket Projects. In this role, you'll report directly to the Team Manager of Aftermarket Projects – DMMC, taking charge of projects that span a diverse range of vessel types, from passenger and cruise ships to research, fishing, and offshore vessels. We're seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional with a passion for project management, someone who can deliver outstanding results, maximize profitability, and ensure exceptional customer satisfaction.
As a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for a variety of activities, including managing projects, programs, and contracts on a global scale for in-service vessel fleet projects, upgrades, and method improvement initiatives. Additionally, you'll provide invaluable technical sales support for upgrade projects.
- Manage upgrade and in-service vessel fleet projects, programs, and contracts worldwide
- Supervise and guide a team of talented service professionals deployed on global upgrade and in-service vessel fleet projects
- Take charge of the DMMC & AMT Upgrading project in Rauma - Finland
- Develop a robust reporting structure for major projects to maintain profitability, effectively manage risks, and prioritize customer satisfaction
- Provide audit support when necessary, ensuring project compliance and quality assurance
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers, handling formal contractual communications and fostering positive on-site interactions
- Coordinate and collaborate with teams across the Global Customer Support organization, promoting synergy and delivering exceptional project outcomes
Qualifications and experience
- Solid experience in project management with significant demonstrable project delivery within the maritime industry, specifically upgrade projects
- Global experience with customer management and interfaces within the shipbuilding environment
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian, written and verbal
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on set goals
- understand the organization's informal rules and structures and utilize political processes effectively to get things done
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- an exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- international work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- professional development and career opportunities
- personal development and career opportunities
- competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- we offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
Brattvåg, Ålesund or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Rolv Jarle Seth, Team Manager Aftermarket Project - DMMC +47 994 73 095
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication