Project Manager - AUV / UUV
Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities internationally. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, and navigation. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation both on and under the sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits for employee (discounted costs for family members) with an option of a high deductible plan that includes an annual employer contribution towards your health savings account ($1500 for family, $750 for employee only, and prorated depending on date of hire)
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Kongsberg Discovery than right now. With us, you will be in the forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the role as Project Manager of AUV / UUV Programs.
The ideal candidate will get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in contributing to the company’s continued success while upholding Kongsberg’s values of Determination, Innovation, Collaboration and Reliability. You’ll work alongside a team of down-to-earth colleagues who are just as dedicated and ambitious as you are in their respective areas of expertise. The Project Manager will be based at Kongsberg’s Lynnwood, WA office.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for working with the Product Center for AUV deliveries and for supporting customers who already have AUVs in their fleet.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor delivery times and costs.
- Continuously monitor projects and problem solve.
- Coordinate internal engineers and outsourced resources in the yard and workshop.
- Report any risks to QHSE management and/or Head of Project Management.
- Prepare and host quarterly/semi-annual program status review meetings w/ customers and their contractors.
- Maintain configuration management documentation for customer installations.
- Track and follow up on trial cards, customer repairs, and service cases.
- Visit customer facilities and ships for meetings, technical assistance, acceptance testing, and training requirements associated with assigned projects.
- Provide technical support for bids and proposals as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- At least 4 years of progressive project management experience with the ability to understand and drive highly diversified tasks and resources (PMP preferred).
- Knowledge and/or experience with subsea operations and technology.
- Excellent knowledge of various technical specifications; Scope of Delivery.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Structured mind-set and work methodology, with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with other departments, product centers, and regional offices.
- Analytical with an affinity to complex problem solving and time-management.
- Self-sufficient, committed, and reliable.
- Knowledge of Kongsberg Maritime’s worldwide organization, products, deliveries, and customers is a big plus.
- AUV experience; offshore experience is a plus.
- Experience working within defense, or the research community is beneficial.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $120,000 annually (DOE)
Work Location (hybrid): Lynnwood, WA
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.