Project Manager - Electrical Drives
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Our Energy Products business unit provides a complete portfolio of electrification, drives -and energy storage products for marine applications. The new K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Manager - Electrical Drives reporting to the Product Manager – Drives in the Energy department. You will have a key role in developing and actively manage our new K-Power product. In this role, you should be able to provide your team a systematic approach, encourage your team through engagement and show proactiveness while accepting responsibility for the results. Some travel is to be expected.
- Operational project management of our new product development in Drives product area, including plan, lead, report on milestones and follow-up product quality and cost
- Verification and control of technical documentation and drawings
- Support our Sales Organization with technical product information
- Ensure alignment with stakeholders such as sponsors, classification societies and interact with domain experts in Drives
- Work close with our Engineering to Order team and factories to secure successful engineering, fabrication and to improve product producibility
- Participate in tests at sub-suppliers and other relevant parties
- Provide technical support to our service organization for products in operation
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science within mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other relevant fields
- Several years of documented experience from technical project management
- Preferably experience from marine propulsion systems, energy storage or hybrid systems
- Preferably experience with Microsoft Projects, Dynamic AX and Teamcenter
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in Norwegian and English
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them them focused on objectives
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourages team.
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification
- An international, dynamic and innovative workplace where you are encouraged to share your knowledge
- A collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions
- Competence development within multiple fields and disciplines
- We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme
Point of contact
Technical Product Manager, Drive - Tomas Lagerfelt: +47 93038138. For questions, we kindly ask that you send a text message.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication