Come create the future with us
Project Hardware Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime AS division Sensors & Robotics is a supplier of instrumentation, advanced sensors, communication solutions, unmanned underwater and surface vehicles to international markets on- and offshore, merchant marine, subsea, navy, coastal marine and aquaculture
The division`s Sensing Solutions department in Trondheim delivers cutting edge sensor systems for improving our customers’ performance and reducing environmental impact. Our focus is on engine, rotating machinery, LNG and liquid cargo.
Product management, R&D, manufacturing, project engineering and customer support taking the responsibility of the full life cycle of our products are located under one roof giving us a high degree of flexibility and career opportunities within the organisation.
Our customers are located world wide providing exciting possibilities within KM's international network
Due to increased workload and to strengthen our team, we are now looking for a project Hardware Engineer to join our Project Department at Grilstad, Trondheim.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare project documentation
- Prepare item requirements orders and production orders
- Support during IAT/FAT
- Close cooperation with project teams
Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in at least one of the following: electronics, instrumentation, cybernetics, automation or telecommunication. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Problem solving approach to tasks
- Experience in use of CAD tools, preferably AutoCAD
- Structured and accurate with an eye for details
- Customer focused and positive attitude
- Good communication, cooperative and language skills. Fluent in English and Norwegian is mandatory.
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
We can offer:
- The opportunity work with world-class technology products
- A very good, stable and dynamic working environment
- Career opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions
Working place is Trondheim. We are located at the new Kongsberg building at Grilstad Marina
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace