Project Engineers/Project Technicians - Reference Nr: 2295674
Kongsberg Defence Australia is a part of Kongsberg Defence and Aerospace which delivers mission critical solutions to customers around the globe. Kongsberg Defence Australia is delivering these solutions to meet the unique military needs of Australia. We live our core values: determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.
We are looking for several Project Engineers or Technicians to work as part of a newly created Assembly and Test Team to be based in Adelaide, Australia. The Team’s initial focus will be on the assembly of air defence subsystems as part of the Australian Army LAND 19 Phase 7B project. In time the work undertaken by these roles is anticipated to expand to support the delivery of different types of technologies for future Defence projects.
Kongsberg’s Assembly and Test Team will pioneer the delivery of Kongsberg’s technologies and production techniques to meet Australian needs. Project Engineers and Technicians will be involved in the hands-on assembly and test of electronic and mechanical systems. This role will be supported by training in Norway and mentoring in Australia by experienced Kongsberg production staff and engineers. These roles will work to an Assembly and Test Manager.
- Work as part of our growing national team with employees from a diverse background and skills, we are open to considering less experienced engineers through to highly experienced technicians
- As a Project Engineer or Technician, conduct the assembly and test of electronic and mechanical components to provide defined functions or capabilities.
- Support all stages of the assembly and test process – from receipt of components to final testing of assembled solutions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher relevant education – a relevant engineering degree or Certificate IV in electrical or electronic systems.
- Experience assembling and interconnecting electronic components to form sub-systems and systems to perform specified functions
- Experience in a production environment (Desirable)
- Must be an Australian citizen or able to obtain an Australian security clearance
- Willingness to travel for work – Including mentoring and training in Norway
Travelling must be expected.