Project Engineers, Dynamic Positioning Systems
Dynamic positioning (DP) is a system that automatically maintains a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. This allows operations at sea where mooring and anchoring is not feasible. Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked relative to a fixed point over the seabed, or relative to a moving object such as another vessel or an underwater vehicle. Dynamic positioning is frequently used in the offshore industry worldwide.
Ready for unpredictable work hours and way of living?
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Extensive world-wide travel (about 130 travel days pr. year)
- Software commissioning on board vessels
- Software engineering in office
- Engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng., M.Sc./M.Eng.) in Cybernetics, Control Engineering, Marine, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, etc.
- Fluency in English is required
- Some knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Able to gain an overview for complex systems
- Practical, hands on approach to complex tasks
- Able to think clear in a hectic, demanding international environment
- Focus on fulfilling customer needs and expectations
- Independent and able to think outside the box
- Quality minded
- Positive, robust, tolerant and cooperative personality
- Representing the Kongsberg visions and values
- Informal and positive working environment
- An international, dynamic and creative environment
- Working with state of the art technology and products
- Excellent technical and personal challenges
- Highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Mentor during training period
- Personal development opportunities, both in-house/external
Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis.