Project Engineers, Dynamic Positioning Systems (KM 21-036)
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
Dynamic positioning (DP) is a system that automatically maintains a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. This allows operations at sea where mooring and anchoring is not feasible. Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked relative to a fixed point over the seabed, or relative to a moving object such as another vessel or an underwater vehicle. Dynamic positioning is frequently used in the offshore industry worldwide.
Ready for unpredictable work hours and way of living?
- Extensive world-wide travel (about 130 travel days pr. year)
- Software commissioning on board vessels
- Software engineering in office
Qualifications and experience
- Engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng., M.Sc./M.Eng.) in Cybernetics, Control Engineering, Marine, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, etc.
- Fluency in English is required
- Some knowledge of C/C++ programming
You are able to
- Be self-driven
- Gain an overview for complex systems
- Have a practical, hands on approach to complex tasks
- Think clear in a hectic, demanding international environment
- Focus on fulfilling customer needs and expectations
- Be independent and able to think outside the box
- Be quality minded
- Be positive, robust, tolerant and have a cooperative personality
- Represent the Kongsberg visions and values
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication