Project Engineering Manager
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, Ship Design (UT and NVC design), and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Project Engineering manager team. Due to increase of workload and projects, Kongsberg Maritime Integrated Solution division, must strengthen the Project Manager Team with another team member.
Project Engineering Manager is a role within the Integrated Solution division in Kongsberg Maritime. The mission within the project is to manage the technical part, coordinate the engineering teams across product families with integrated solutions in Kongsberg Maritime AS. Manage overall integrated system engineering solutions. Take care of day-to day technical administration in projects and be responsible for delivery of technical documentation from Kongsberg Maritime. The role shall also follow up the delivery schedule of technical documentation, secure the quality and functionality within Kongsberg Maritime part of the scope.
- Coordinate technical execution in integrated projects on the behalf of the Project Manager.
- Manage and coordinate the Package Lead Engineers regard engineering deliveries from multiple Kongsberg Maritime Divisions and Business units.
- Coordinate an international project team.
- Design/technical solution authority in the Kongsberg Maritime scope.
- Ensure validate of system integrity in a project.
- Quality check of ship and equipment specifications, check function and scope of the Kongsberg Maritime delivery.
- Plan and execute interface management.
- Support Project manager regard control of budget, hours and quality in the scope.
Qualifications and experience
- Long experience with ship, maritime and/or product systems.
- Preferable experience within yard, maritime, automation, telecom and electro.
- Familiar with functions in machinery systems.
- Inter disciplinary knowledge regard ship/maritime system and solutions.
- Long experience with interface process, mode and function descriptions.
- Experience with ship/maritime and equipment specifications, reading and understanding.
- Experience with drawing understanding, arrangements and systems.
- Relevant education from college or university
- Knowledge of maritime class regulations
- Good collaboration and team building skills
- Good English and Norwegian written and oral skills
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- motivate and inspire project teams to do their best performance.
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- develop a high reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Hjørungavåg, Ålesund or Sandefjord
Point of contact
Johannes Rise, Mobile: +47 976 92 526
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication