An exciting opportunity has arisen, and we are looking for two Project Engineers. As Project Engineer you will report to the Department Manager, ICT & Upgrade. In this role, you will be a part of the KIMS Project Team. You will be responsible for preparation, implementation and commissioning of digital products and solutions for KIMS deliveries. You will be a member of a young and dynamic team and you will have the opportunity to contribute and take part in development of KM digital platform solutions, design and development.
The Kongsberg Information Management System (K-IMS) is a digital platform that collect, store, analyze and present information to its users. K-IMS is designed to enable continuous access to data both onboard our installations, and onshore through a web based solution. K-IMS is a common design and development program between KM & KDI.
- Collaborative work in integrated teams with Engineering project partners & Customers
- Responsibility in projects for K-IMS delivery
- Upgrades, installations and test of K-IMS system
- Configuration of K-IMS applications
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of IMS delivery on various installations
- Contact with R&D regarding further developments of K-IMS applications
- Travel to site/offshore if required, approx. 30 days
Qualifications and experience
- Engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng) in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Automation, Control Systems.
- Experience with some of the following
- Automation systems
- Computer networks, data communication and protocols
- Microsoft Windows Server
- MS SQL Server
- Time-series databases (OSI PI, TimescaleDB)
- Virtualized Environment (VMware, Hyper-V)
- OPC UA
- Microsoft Access
- Python / PowerShell or similar scripting knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent oral/written Norwegian and English communication
- Good communication skills
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we offer
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of Contact
Kjell Sigmund Kravik, Department Manager, +47 958 85 021
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including; merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication.