Project Engineer, Hardware
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Engineer, Hardware with us in Kongsberg Maritime! In this role you will have the opportunity to work with World Class products for the maritime industry and finding technical solutions that solve our customers challenges and needs.
Not one of your deliveries will be out of the box – you need to use your technical knowledge and skills to add value for our customers. Standards for safety and optimal operation of ships are becoming increasingly strict and you will, together with your team and our renown products, develop tailor-made overall solutions.
With us, you will join a diverse team of highly competent colleagues and with us in Kongsberg Maritime you will be given the opportunity to develop your career in an international company.
- Hardware engineering in aftersales and upgrade projects
- Secure hardware delivery in our projects
- Find technical solutions for customers worldwide depending on their need
- Collaborate closely with product owners, sales department, and project teams
Qualifications and experience
- Engineer (BSc) or relevant technical education. Experienced candidates will also be considered
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian
- 1-3 years of experience from Marine Automation systems
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
John Ragnar Stenersen, Group Manager, +47 458 54 101
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication