Production Planner II
Kongsberg Protech Systems USA in Johnstown, PA is seeking to fill the position of Production Planner II. The Production Planner II will serve as a liaison between the Johnstown location and Kongberg Norway as it relates to the effective and efficient operation and will be responsible for scheduling workload in accordance with the Master Scheduler. Great attention-to-detail skills and a can-do attitude are essential to the success of the successful candidate.
Essential job functions are:
- Responsible for delivery of product from customer order through delivery to the warehouse.
- Create/Manage production orders and/or maintenance sales orders in Baan and through RMS, as needed.
- Ensure production orders and/or maintenance sales orders are completed on time.
- Review material shortages manually and/or with the aid of exception reports from the Manufacturing (MRP) system
- Create subcontracting purchase orders to have material sent out
- Review Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) and assist in implementing them.
- Analyze plant capacity to prioritize and schedule production workflow of lower level components under the guidance of the Master Scheduler
- Enter serial numbers, verify status of production orders/maintenance sales orders, and ensure accuracy of part number revisions while utilizing Improve/RMS and Baan.
- Work with individuals in other departments as necessary, such as purchasing, warehouse, engineering and leadership to ensure timely and accurate production and inventory.
A Bachelor's Degree in business or related field and/or 3 years related experience/training is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be accepted. Advancing Productivity, Innovation and Competitive Success (APICS) certification preferred. Minimum 3 years in production planning or scheduling needed, with demonstrated Lean Manufacturing experience. Green Belt designation is preferred.
Kongsberg Protech Systems USA is part of Kongsberg Gruppen (KONGSBERG), an international knowledge-based group that supplies high technology systems and solutions to its customers engaged in oil and gas production, the merchant marine, and the defense and aerospace industries. Kongsberg Protech Systems USA performs final assembly and testing of Remote Weapon Stations. The company also performs repair and overhaul (R&O) of Remote Weapon Stations that come back from field operations.
In addition to competitive wages, we provide an excellent package of benefits, which presently includes company-paid health, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) with competitive match, a 9/80 work schedule, life insurance and paid time off (PTO).
Interested parties must complete a Kongsberg employment application to be considered an applicant for this position.
Closing date for applications is Friday, October 18, 2019.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D