Come create the future with us
Product Owner - Sonar
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries.
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
The Underwater Acoustics (UA) department develops products and services within Underwater Mapping, Ocean Sciences, Underwater Positioning and Communication, and Naval Sonars. Much of this equipment is used to explore and monitor our ocean.
The Winson software group in our UA-Department, is currently 25 members divided into five teams. Place of work range from Horten, Bergen, Great Yarmouth (UK) and Alicante (Spain). Winson delivers sonar and echosounder software to Ocean Science, Mapping, Naval and Fishery applications. Currently we have more than 20 different applications and the numbers are rising. An exciting opportunity has arisen as Product Owner within the Sonar team. Main focus will be to coordinate the team, and group, effort in delivering added value software to the product groups
- Managing the product backlog and maintaining future plans
- The teams' primary contact with the stakeholders
- Participate in making sure that the team plans are coordinated within the group
- Assist team members in resolving assigned tasks
- Make sure that the Stakeholders receive what they ordered within the promised time
- Take part in the overall group plans and strategy
Qualifications and experience
- Bsc/Msc level education
- Experience using agile development
- Very good oral and written communication skills with fluency in English and Norwegian
- Experience with business tools, including MS Office, Project and TFS
- Experience from structured processes like Agile, Scrum, Lean or similar
Desired additional qualifications
- Super-user of the Kongsberg Naval and Fishery Sonars. Necessary training will be provided
- Experience as a software developer will be appreciated
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on set goals
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication