Product Manager Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
Join the Uncrewed Platforms division in Kongsberg Discovery as a Product Manager for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Kongsberg Discovery is a global marine technology company providing innovative and reliable solutions. In the Uncrewed Platforms division, we design, manufacture, and sell autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) that can explore the oceans from the surface and down to 6000 meters below. Our systems operate alone for days and weeks at a time, collecting data about the seafloor and the water.
What you will be working on
As a Product Manager you will take responsibility for parts of our product portfolio, managing the products from idea and concept all the way through their life cycle. You will work as a bridge between customers, sales, engineering, and production. You will lead product development and continuous improvements. You will analyze, understand, and predict the needs of customers and markets, and suggest how our current and future products can solve their most important problems. You will get the autonomy and flexibility you need to create top tier AUVs and products, and you will work in a team with Product Advisors, other Product Managers, and technical experts. The position requires some travel, e.g., to conferences, customer visits, and exhibitions. You might occasionally join our operators and customers in the field.
To succeed in this position, we believe you need to take initiative, be cooperative, responsible, structured, and quality minded. You need a drive to see your ideas all the way through to working products. You have a well-developed ability to prioritize. Investigative and problem-solving skills are beneficial, and you should appreciate working as part of a team working together to investigate, develop, improve, and solve problems.
- Manage the full life cycle of our AUV products and solutions, from idea and concept, through production, to end-of-life.
- Set product strategy and roadmap.
- Gather, translate, and structure stakeholder -, business -, and user requirements.
- Oversee product development activities from requirements through validation, ensuring products can be produced and documented effectively.
- Understand the market, the customers, and the competition.
Qualifications and experience
- A master’s degree or similar within a relevant technical field.
- Experience from product management or technical management. Relevant experience can compensate for a degree.
- Experience from industries creating products or solutions covering both mechanical, electronics/HW, and software development is beneficial.
- Experience from product management in medium to large corporations is beneficial.
- You are adept at using product management IT tools, or eager to learn such tools.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. Fluency in spoken and written Norwegian is beneficial.
This employment will require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary and benefit packages, good pension, and insurance scheme.
- Autonomy and independent responsibility.
- Flexible work hours, hybrid working, and holiday arrangements.
- Excellent development opportunities in an international working environments.
Horten, other KD locations can be considered.
Point of contact
Sigurd Fjerdingen, VP Products
Kongsberg Discovery is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations, and project delivery for KONGSBERG's subsea and marine surface sensors, hydroacoustic positioning, sonar & mapping systems, robotic vessels, and communications systems. Through its comprehensive portfolio of offerings, Kongsberg Discovery continues to be recognized as a world leader in its core markets all over the world. We have a strong history and track record of delivering world-class products and services to customers across the globe. There is a firm focus on developing advanced technological and autonomous systems that optimize operations at sea while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact our solutions are key in transforming the maritime sector for a more sustainable future.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners, and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protecting people and planet.