PRODUCT ENGINEER - ENERGY STORAGE
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Product Engineer - Energy Storage. In this role, you will be the key enabler to utilize synergies across functions and provide technical expertise. You will be a part of a collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions. This is an opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification. The right person for this role will enthusiastically share and demonstrate specialist knowledge while supporting colleagues with energy storage insights and expertise.
You will be a part of the Division Integrated Solutions who is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. The business unit you will be a part of, Energy Products, provides a complete portfolio of electrification, drives -and energy storage products for marine applications. The new Energy product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
The following products are part of our Energy Storage Systems:
- Energy Storage Unit
- Energy Storage Converter
- Energy Storage Deckhouse
- Development and engineering of energy storage systems with focus on electrical design and evaluation of new components
- Preparation of technical specifications for projects
- Preparation of documentation for projects according to regulations
- Technical support for sales and contract departments
- Technical support for Services for products in operation
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science within electrical engineering. Relevant experience may compensate for formal education
- Experience from product development
- Experience with energy storage, preferably within marine power electric systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard, classification rules and flag states is an advantage
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Point of contact:
Technical Project Manager, Energy Storage - Anders Helland, +47 958 75 775
Director, Energy Products - Terje Valset, +47 951 45 764
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.