Join our high caliber team as a Product Director, Ship's Bridge Simulators!
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next-generation software and digital solutions to customers within the Maritime, Oil & Energy and Utilities industries. We are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission to digitalize these industries, and to support our growth we are now looking for a Product Director to take on the product ownership for the K-Sim Navigation Ship's Bridge Simulators product range, and become a part of our Maritime Simulation team.
Maritime Simulation is a part of Kongsberg Digital and provides market leading simulator solutions for mandatory STCW training and advanced integrated crew training for maritime, naval and offshore industries worldwide. The simulators are used for efficient education of vital skills and knowledge, as well as enhancing competence and decision-making support to achieve safety and cost-efficiency in maritime operations.
Do you want to work for a company that creates the technology of tomorrow? Are you a good at building relationships, have a passion for your field of work and who are looking for the next smart career move?
If yes, then this role is made for you.
As our new Product Director, you will have full product ownership which entails managing and structuring the ship’s bridge product portfolio aligned with market demands, product profitability requirements and international regulations and policies. Together with our other product owners and departments within sales/marketing, business development, customer support and software development, you will manage product development and innovation activities to enhance market penetration and grow our customer value. You will also be a key contributor to our digital transition, by supporting the development of cloud-based simulation, new business models and extended use of simulator technology within maritime digitalization.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Be the key interface with sales & marketing, customer support and customers to identify market demands in the Ship's Bridge Simulator product area and ensure that the products are aligned with these demands
- Manage the product backlog and maintaining and executing the product development roadmap supported by business cases, analysis of market and user needs and strategy
- Lead a team of experienced product advisors and support the team members in resolving assigned tasks within:
- sales / bid support
- product training and presentations both internally and externally
- system requirement specification and functional specifications for new products / functions and development projects
- product maintenance (P&I) and product development in accordance with strategies and guidelines.
- development and maintaining product documentation
You are a person who have domain and product knowledge from the maritime industry, preferably with a background as a Navigator (or other seagoing background). You have experience with nautical education and training, with an understanding of regulatory requirements and the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW). In order to succeed in this role, we also believe you are commercially oriented and have knowledge within software development methodology.
As a manager, you know how to provide a clear direction in addition to being a source of motivation and inspiration. You are a team player who see the value in sharing knowledge, experience and information with colleagues, in addition to being supportive in the pursuit of team goals. Furthermore, you have a methodical and systematic approach, and manage to plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
Good communication skills, orally and written, in both Norwegian and English is a prerequisite.
Here in Kongsberg Digital we can offer you a lot, but mostly...
- Exciting challenges and possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers
- Great career opportunities and possibility for personal development within a dynamic and innovative company
- A high level of flexibility
- Competitive compensation and good benefits
Does this sound like the next smart career step for you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
To apply for this position please follow this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2454803958/?capColoOverride=true