Come create the future with us
Product Advisor Navigation
Kongsberg Maritime are expanding their activity within acoustic positioning and communication products for subsea operation and wants to strengthen the product management and development team.
The position will be working closely to system and software developers in our Sensor and Robotics (S&R) division in Horten. The main purpose of the position is to develop navigation methods for subsea targets like ROV/AUV with our world class positioning and communication systems HiPAP and cNODE.
Main tasks and responsibilities
You will become a part of our dedicated product management team and work closely with product managers and product advisors. Main task will be design and implementation of positioning/navigation methods and algorithms. You will participate in test and verification of the systems onboard our vessels in Horten as well as demonstrating the systems for clients.
- Bachelor or Master in geomatics/geodesy or Cybernetics (Navigation and control)
- Programming skills in C++, Python or MATLAB
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English
Desired skills and experience
- Familiar with mathematical or statistical modelling, algorithm development
- Experience with detailed requirements, analyses, technical papers etc.
- Experience with Windows or embedded real-time systems
- Knowledge of Underwater acoustics
- Interest for positioning and navigation in general
- Genuine interest in software development and signal processing
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- The possibility to work on world class sensor and robotics products
- An international working environment
- A strong industrial company with long traditions for quality products
- Career development opportunities
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.