The Integration & Energy division of Kongsberg Maritime AS has an exciting open position as Process Engineer in our Green Fuel Systems team. The successful candidate will report to Solution Design Business line, and will work in close collaboration with customers, external suppliers, and relevant stakeholders within Kongsberg Maritime.
Our Green Fuel Systems group is expanding as sustainable fuels and energy systems is an increasingly important part in the future of the rapidly changing marine sector. We are searching for a talented candidate to join our team. You will work with product development and delivery, in close cooperation with the multi-disciplinary team, and in collaboration with other departments in Kongsberg Maritime.
The Green Fuel Systems group is the product line owner in Kongsberg Maritime for FGSS fuel gas systems, Liquid fuel system, with mission to adopt new technologies and novel sustainable solutions for future shipping.
- Develop innovative marine fuel and energy solutions for the future.
- Technical support to sales and our customers.
- Development of P&IDs, PFDs and process simulations.
- Develop instrumentation plans and control philosophy.
- Perform process calculations and structure product and project documentation.
- Be an active part in developing our designs and coordinate with other disciplines.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in process engineering, process chemistry or other relevant field.
- Relevant work experience and practical understanding is preferred, we also encourage new graduates to apply.
- A pro-active and collaborative mindset and good communication skills.
- Good English written and verbal skills are required, and Norwegian verbal skill is an advantage.
At KONGSBERG, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement. Unique perspectives are valuable to us. Your skills, attitude and perspective could be exactly what we are looking for!
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for results.
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way.
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities.
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for a world-leading supplier of maritime solutions.
- Professional development and career opportunities
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
- We offer flexible working hours and working conditions.
Horten, Trondheim, Kongsberg, Ålesund or other KM locations in Norway.
Point of contact
Ann Eli Børnes, Lead Marine Development Engineer +47 480 84 636
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Integration & Energy division is responsible for delivering Kongsberg Maritime's integrated projects, portfolio of Energy and Remote & Autonomous solutions, developing new business concepts and taking solution ownership across Kongsberg Maritime.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Kongsberg - Protechting people and planet