Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for positioning, navigation and automation to various vessels and offshore installations, as well as products and systems for seabed surveying and monitoring.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the key role of a Planning Engineer based at our Gateshead site, near Newcastle. The post-holder will manage all planning activities and produce detailed OEM and Aftermarket planning schedules providing project, engineering and procurement progress reports to senior management, meeting contract delivery requirements. Provide planning guidance and manage load and capacity throughout the business for tenders, new sales, projects, aftermarket and Engineering. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen, 'can-do' attitude and a high degree of flexibility.
- Produce and maintain OEM & AM operations delivery schedules, which can include mobilisation, concept/scheme/detail design, manufacturing, inspection, assembly, disassembly and inspection, test, installation, commissioning, load testing and customer acceptance testing
- Work with projects and engineering to ensure that all contracted deliverables are identified in the program or related activity schedule.
- Work with engineering to schedule all tasks and provide resource manning profiles
- Liaise with procurement to ensure that the demands received are in line with contract project plans.
- Maintain contact with procurement department to ascertain the latest projected material delivery dates for all tenders.
- Update MSP plans and update progress and sequence all business activity.
- Raise awareness of tasks due for completion by issuing look ahead reports or Gantt charts to resource working on deliverables.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- Competent in IT software packages such as Word, Excel, Project & Outlook
- Engineering degree desirable
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a scheduler/planner in a manufacturing environment.
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- An understanding of project planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Stakeholder management skill
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Great attention to detail
- Work as part of a team and independent with minimal supervision
- Driven to succeed and self-motivated with pro-active approach
- Experience in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous but not essential.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Gateshead, Newcastle, UK
Point of contact
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication