Performance Test Engineer
Why work for Kongsberg Digital?
When you join Kongsberg Digital, you become part of a company with long traditions for cutting-edge research and product development. You will join a team of world-class developers where you will be encouraged to develop and further your career. Your work will contribute to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the UN sustainability goals through technology, and shaping our organization and industry in the process. Our people make a difference.
What do we do in Digital Platform team?
The Digital Platform team in Bangalore is primarily responsible for developing KDI’s digital platform Kognifai. It is an open and collaborative digital ecosystem that improves integration between the world of information technology and operational technology to accelerate business transformation in established industries. The team works on all components of the Digital platform which includes innovation in all aspects right from FrontEnd framework to backend data store development to device management.
The performance test engineer will be part of the Kognifai development team and will be responsible for the PSR activities for the same. The position is quite challenging in itself due to the complex nature of the Digital platform and will provide an opportunity to excel both technically and professionally.Are you looking to be part of real-world projects resulting in true innovation? Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to work with sustainable solutions for the future in a company with world-class colleagues? If this excites you, join us in delivering extreme performances for extreme conditions.
Who shall apply?
- BE/B-Tech Graduates or MCA/M-Tech degree holders only (Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronics and communications).
What are we looking for?
- Must have 6-8 years of experience in software testing with 5+ years of experience in performance, scalability testing and performance tools.
- Proven experience with development and maintenance of performance tests in large-scale multi-tenant applications.
- Proven experience in cloud-based application scalability, running load tests in a CI/CD pipeline using the load testing tasks, and performance testing tools.
- Experienced and well-versed with scalability issues across SQL/NoSql databases
- Deep understanding of performance analysis with tools such as Azure AppInsights etc.
- Experience in Performance Analysis & Engineering Skills for web and .Net application stack with different profiling tools such as thread dump analysis, memory/heap dump analysis.
- Hands on experience in conducting deep dive analysis with RUM (Real user monitoring) data and prepare report to review with stakeholders.
- Hands on experience with any language such as Powershell, Python, C# etc to be able to automate regression performance testing tasks and improve the productivity.
- Experience in Agile software development lifecycle and performance testing in DevOps world is desired.
What you will be responsible for?
- Evaluate non-functional requirement documents and identifies performance test needs and scenario development.
- Develop and maintains a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document defining: test objectives, types of tests needed, load matrix, and scenarios.
- Develop test scripts and record/track bugs.
- Collect performance metrics and perform load, stress, and duration/endurance tests.
- Analyze performance test results and identifies bottlenecks throughout the entire stack.
- Diagnose, track and manage performance issues to resolution.
- Identifying project risks and making recommendations to minimize risks related to performance bottlenecks; ability to anticipate problems.
- Be a performance expert who understands how features should work in various loads and scale situations and the impact on the rest of the system.
- Non-functional requirement analysis and represent performance and scaling needs in product with developers, and product managers.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What do we offer?
- Excellent work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Competitive salary with good employee benefits
- High potential for personal growth and career opportunities
- Work-life balance and a high level of flexibility.
- Full Medical, Accidental as well as Life Insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks