Kongsberg Protech Systems USA in Johnstown, PA is seeking to fill the position of Mechanical Technician. The Mechanical Technician will support the effort of our production goals, as well as repair and overhaul of fielded equipment, by performing assembly operations to Remote Weapon Stations.
Essential job duties
- Perform mechanical disassembly and reassembly operations using basic hand tools and measuring devices and interface with both test and repair/production personnel.
- Perform mechanical technical duties to towards the repair/overhaul, new production and testing of Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Remote Weapon Stations (RWSs) in the support of repair and production.
- Record non-conforming material consistent with Kongsberg business practices.
- Report progress and discrepancies to team lead and supervisor.
- Upkeep, maintain and clean the repair/production work areas
- Support and participate in training and cross-training.
OTHER POSITION CONSIDERATIONS:
One (1) year of experience in mechanical or automotive repair or similar experience with a High School Diploma/general education degree (GED) required. Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a team is necessary. Must be able to work from prints, procedures, assembly diagrams, sketches, schematics and/or verbal and written instruction.
Our total compensation package includes 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; 401K plan with employer match; flexible work schedule; life insurance; paid time off, employee stock purchase, and competitive wages.
Closing date for applications is Friday, June 5, 2020.
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.Interested parties must complete a Kongsberg employment application to be considered for this position. Apply now to obtain an application.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D