Come create the future with us
Mechanical Engineer R&D
Kongsberg Maritime will deliver its first autonomous surface vehicle (Sounder USV) in the summer of 2021 with several important development milestones in the following years. At the same time, we are developing the next generation of autonomous underwater vehicles for both civilian and military applications.
The Marine Robotics department (MARO) in Horten has over 20 years of experience in the delivery of commercial autonomous solutions, best known for the industry leading HUGIN AUV product line.
Working in MARO will give you the opportunity to be involved with autonomous solutions that are tested daily in real environments in our approved autonomous test area outside Horten. Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to follow the product from concept through to finished product. Along the way, you will connect valuable networks and build competence across the company.
You will report to the group Manager mechanical design and work with the Hardware-electronics and Software teams within the R&D department consisting of thirty developers. You will also co-operate closely with the MaRo Product Group and Operations department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To develop good technical solutions for our products and deliveries
- To contribute to product responsibility with maintenance of product documentation
Desired skills and experience
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Design / Product Development and Materials
- Have experience in using CAD tools such as Inventor or similar
- Strong interest in mechanical design and materials suitable for the marine environment
- Be proficient in Norwegian and English - both written and spoken
- Be able to obtain a Norwegian security clearance
- Be professionally strong and interested in self-development
- Work in a structured and systematic manner
- Be enterprising and self-motivated
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience and information
- A leading-edge robotics working environment
- Work on world class sensor and robotics products
- Inspiring and international working environment
- Career development opportunities
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.