Come create the future with us
Mechanical Designers for Marine Robotics (KM 19-171)
At Kongsberg, we believe in solving challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and innovative technology.
Over the years we have built Marine Robotics to be world leader within unmanned autonomous vehicles. We are working on new innovative robotics to meet global environmental challenges.
To meet an exciting future, we are seeking highly motivated research and developers to make the robotics for the future. You will be actively participating in the creation of autonomous robots to handle all phases of an operation, as well as develop capabilities to process smart data collected to optimize robot operation.
In addition to be part of a team developing solutions that aim to improve the global environment, you will be given the opportunity to make important contributions both to the international maritime markets and to the future of our company.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Mechanical 3D design and modelling of underwater robotics
- Review and approve fully functional mechanical documentation for systems
- Cooperate with other disciplines to optimize products for production, delivery and operation
- Simulate material fatigue and dynamic behavior
- Optimize cost, weight and quality
- Bachelor- /Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Skilled in Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Teamcenter or similar
- Minimum 3-5 years from industry mechanical design – proven results
- Skills within Nastran simulations is an advantage
- Systematic and accurate execution delivered on time
- Analytic approach to unknow problems
- Innovative approach to find new solutions
- Constructive work in teams
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in developing own role based on competence and previous experience.