Marine Robotics instructor
With the increasing adoption of autonomous technologies we are looking for an Instructor for Marine Robotics. As a part of a small team you will plan, prepare and conduct training courses, related to our Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) and Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs), including the HUGIN Family of AUVs and Sounder USVs. In addition, you will develop and deliver training for relevant software products, including Sunstone Postea navigation processing for autonomous vehicles and Reflection post-mission analysis of survey data.
Training is conducted in person, remotely using video conference facilities and through online e-learning modules. You will be involved in all types of training development and delivery.
You will be part of the division Global Customer Support which is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades, support and training for our customers, working closely with the Marine Robotics product and sales teams.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct training needs analysis
- Develop and prepare training material
- Deliver training courses – in Horten, Norway, or at customer installations worldwide - independently or as part of a team
- Assist during test and verification trials together with Kongsberg Maritime project teams
Qualifications and experience
- Proven background in development and delivery of in-person, remote and e-learning training
- Understanding of complex marine robotics systems, hydrographic sensors, acoustic equipment, mechanical maintenance
- Understanding of survey operations and data processing
The position requires a security clearance by Norwegian National Security Authority.
You are able to
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourages team.
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Henning Tolleifsen, Manager Field Support AUV, Marine Robotics, +47 9920 3959
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication