Manager Engineering and Continuous Improvement
We are excited to welcome you to an organization with historical flair and a deep-rooted aviation history. For over a century, Kongsberg Aviation Maintenance Service (KAMS) has played a significant role in the Norwegian aviation industry. Over the past 100 years we have changed and adapted to the new world of aeronautics, but our dedication to innovation and reliability has never changed. Today, we are flying higher than ever before and we are immensely proud to have become a world class provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul across several flying platforms - and still we have great growth ambitions! Over the past few years, we have entered into a strategic partnership with the Norwegian Defence and collaborate with international players such as Lockheed Martin, Pratt&Whitney, Leonardo NHI and Airbus.
One of the recent organizational changes is the integration of engineering and continuous improvement into one department, focusing on supporting our maintenance and production departments within design, process, and technical support. Continuous improvement is a main focus area in KAMS and the new department will be responsible for leading this work, ensuring that we continue to raise the bar and live up to our vision “World class – through people, technology and dedication”. To support our growth ambitions and the further development of our company we are now looking for a forward-leaning and self-driven leader to head up this work.
Are you ready for the challenge?
As our new Manager Engineering and Continuous Improvement, you will hold a central role in the organization, working toward a key ambition for our company. You will work in the interface between KAMS and our customers, developing and designing new platforms and solutions, challenging status quo.
Main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Lead the department, including personnel- and budget responsibility
- Lead continuous improvement in KAMS
- Develop and deliver technical support to the workshops
- Develop engineering capacity, ensuring design, maintenance and production support
- Participate actively in Operations management team, thereby contributing to the development of Operations
- Communication with Program Directors and Workshop Managers to deliver on customer needs and specifications
- Develop competence and capabilities within the subject matter based on existing and occurring needs
- Be a driving force for cooperation with relevant functions in parent companies (KDA & Patria) or others when needed
We are preferably looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Engineering degree on a bachelor level or higher
- Management experience
- Strong background with continuous improvement. Preferably using tools such as Lean Six Sigma etc.
- Experience within engineering. Experience from the aviation industry is an advantage, but not a must
- Sound knowledge of IT systems-/programs related to engineering services
- Experience from the defense industry is an advantage, but not a must
To succeed and thrive we also believe you have the following qualities:
- Sound communication skills: you communicate well on all levels of the organization
- Personal drive and the ability to convince
- Structured and systematic work methods and good work ethic
- Sound English communication skills
What we offer:
- Exciting challenges and possibility to develop yourself in an international environment
- Possibility to contribute to the growth and development of KAMS
- Exciting customers and projects
- Great career opportunities in a large international corporation
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Employee Stock ownership plan
Please note: All our employees must be eligible for national security clearance.