Machine Learning Engineer
Join our high caliber team as a Machine Learning Engineer!
By using leading-edge technology, KONGSBERG DIGITAL is a provider of the next generation software and creator of complex digital solutions that are changing the fields within maritime, renewables & utilities and oil & gas.
By being a part of Kongsberg Digital, you will work in a highly competent team with other qualified and competent engineers and developers, shaping and developing our market-leading software.
Want to be part of our Analytics team?
The Analytics team in KONGSBERG Digital is the Centre of Excellence in machine learning and related methodology for the whole KONGSBERG group. As a member of this team, you therefore work with world class technology from many areas. Among other things, you will be able to work with two of Kongsberg Digital's products;
Kognitwin® - Using our Digital Twin technologies to digitalize the Oil & Energy sector.
Vessel Insight ™ - Digital vessel to cloud data, digitalizing the global maritime industry.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team in Houston.
In this role, you will be responsible for running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, evaluating alternate models via theoretical approaches, and communicating results to internal and external stake holders. The ideal candidate is also a capable software developer.
What's in it for you:
You will be working together with highly skilled colleagues, with strong domain knowledge and all of the necessary infrastructure, tools and data to deliver value to our customers. This includes:
- Propose and develop innovative machine learning-based solutions
- Build and implement algorithms and code to support KDI’s product portfolio, customer projects and business opportunities
- Partner with business leads to provide guidance and best practice on how customer data can be transformed into actionable items and return value
- Closely interact with various product teams to support data and machine learning projects, bridging business and engineering efforts
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Deploy machine learning models and data processing applications together with product teams
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends in machine learning and A.I.
What do we expect:
- Masters/PhD degree in Applied Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience level: 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of machine learning techniques, data analytics, statistics and numerical methods.
- Strong coding skills in Python and the ability and interest to learn new languages and technologies.
- Familiar with machine learning toolkits such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn etc.
- Experience working with Docker/containers and Cloud technology, such as Azure, to deliver ML projects.
- Ability to interpret high-level business objectives into a strategy.
- Self-initiated learner, positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
What do we offer:
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative high-tech company.
- Opportunity to work on ML/DL based solutions for important problems in the oil & gas and maritime industry.
- Career opportunities and personal development.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great corporate culture within Kongsberg.
- An exciting journey.
Supporting documents for your application:
- Optional: Link to GitHub account, relevant Python notebook or Kaggle competition, blog etc.
If you're interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com