Kongsberg Discovery Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities internationally. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, and navigation. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation both on and under the sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Kongsberg Discovery Canada Ltd. than right now. With us, you will be in the forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the role as Logistics Coordinator.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing the shipping and receiving processes within the company. Their primary duties include coordinating the shipment of goods, verifying incoming shipments, and maintaining accurate records of inventory.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with suppliers, carriers, and internal teams to ensure the efficient flow of products.
- Inspecting and documenting the condition of received items.
- Package products for shipment according to company and customer specifications.
- Determine method of shipment, prepare documentation, and arrange shipping to optimize transportation and delivery schedules.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances.
- Observe all safety procedures and precautions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one year experience working in a shipping capacity, with a manufacturing company, shipping both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to use shipping and inventory management software.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Willing to proactively participate in the decision-making process, while being able to provide and receive constructive ideas/suggestions.
- Basic understanding of HTS commodity codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in an ISO9001:2015 environment, with strong desire to adhere to Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience specifically with ERP systems; Visual Manufacturing or AX
- TDG certification
- Experience shipping products with lithium-ion batteries
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in procurement
Work Location: Port Coquitlam, BC Canada
Pay Range: $55,000 – $60,000/yr. (DOE)
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.