Join our high caliber team as a Legal Advisor!
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next-generation software and digital solutions to customers within the maritime, oil & energy, and utilities industries.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission to digitalize the world’s industries. Do you want to work for a company that creates the technology of tomorrow? Are you a person with great attention to details, have a passion for your field of work and who are looking for the next smart career move?
If yes, then this role is made for you.
And as an important part of this journey, we are now looking for a dedicated Legal Advisor who wants to become our next in-house legal professional (lawyer/jurist). You will join the company`s Legal & Compliance department and get the opportunity to work independently with a variety of interesting challenges in an exciting international environment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provision of legal support to KDI's operations with respect to contractual and commercial issues
- Preparing, drafting and negotiating various types of contractual documents
- Participation in tender preparations, clarifications and negotiations
- Follow up and handling of complex client contracts and subcontracts, as well as creating and updating contract templates.
- Assisting in the updating of internal processes and corporate procedures
- Managing contractual disputes and ad-hoc in-house legal tasks.
The job will also involve compliance responsibilities to cover for our Compliance Officer (maternity leave). This is a unique opportunity for you who wants to work across a diverse range of tasks, challenge yourself and broaden your knowledge and areas of expertise.
The compliance responsibility will include:
- Providing advice and support to the organization with the implementation and monitoring of our Compliance program, as well as providing Data Privacy/Compliance training to all employees.
- Driving organizational understanding of and adherence to antibribery, corruption, ethics and business conduct policies
- Providing risk management and advice in support of strategies and business – practical approach important
- Leading fact-finding exercises as well as admission-seeking interviews
- Providing concise and meaningful updates and investigative findings to management
- Sanctions checks, Export Control, Reporting (non-financial)
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Legal & Compliance.
This role is perfect for you who already have:
- An interest in contract law and business, as well as technology and software across different industries
- A law degree, with a minimum 1-3 years' working experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Experience in providing ad-hoc business legal advice
- Working knowledge of commercial agreements, including technology/software agreements and SaaS agreements
- A minimum 1-3 years working experience within compliance, including privacy, sanctions and export control.
- M&A experience
- Ability to demonstrate recognizable personal integrity, set high quality standards, work efficiently and in a systematic manner, and thrive working with tight deadlines
We can offer you a lot, but mostly:
- Leading edge challenges, smart peers and professional customers
- A high level of flexibility
- A collaborative and diverse team
- Career opportunities and personal development
- Competitive compensation and good benefits from a solid employer
Does this sound like the next smart career step for you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Please apply with CV through Linkedins easy apply. We will come back to you during January.
To apply please click on this link:
Feel free to read more: https://www.kongsberg.com/digital/ or visit our linkedin page.