Lead Test Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Lead Test Engineer In this role, you will be a part of our product development teams responsible for new products and product maintenance. You will be responsible for test and verification as part of development projects, but also a key player in ensuring quality in the entire life cycle of our products.
The Underwater Acoustics department develops products and services within Underwater Mapping, Ocean Sciences, Underwater Positioning and Communication, and Naval Sonars. Kongsberg’s family of Synthetic Aperture Sonars enable high-resolution images of the sea floor. These sonars play a key role on the HUGIN AUV vehicles and produce data used for seafloor inspection, environmental monitoring (coral reef), bathymetric surveys or military applications like mine hunting (search/avoidance) or rapid assessment of large areas.
If you identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself motivated to work with test and verification, then you might be the candidate we are looking for.
- Establish and maintain test systems, tools, and procedures
- Plan and coordinate test activities across development teams
- Responsible for test and verification in development projects
- Perform and take part in SW tests, hardware test, system test and sea trails in close collaboration with the relevant development teams/customer
- Responsible for establishing and maintain lab test environments
- Active part of the DevOps & Test Automation team
Qualifications and experience
- Strong knowledge of QA/Test methodologies, tools, and processes
- Relevant Bachelor or Master of Science
- Experience from formal QA methods and practices (e.g. ISTQB)
- Knowledge and experience from using Azure DevOps test plans and reporting
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Experience with Automatic testing and testing tools
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, inform and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stein Engevik, +47 932 58 525
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication