Lead Instrument Engineer (2 years contract)
Lead Instrument Engineer
Overview of Position:
Lead Instrument Engineer shall lead a dedicated Project team.
Lead Instrument Engineer shall lead and perform detail design engineering of field instrument, interface and make sure integration to ICSS is complete in time.
- Responsible to lead the project in Instrument discipline.
- Responsible for Client/Vendor technical inputs, interfaces, meetings, technical clarifications, etc
- Responsible for overall Instrument deliverables, and have good control on Cost, Time & Resource in the project
- Review/prepare cable block diagrams, termination and loop diagrams, Instrument Index, instrument Hook-up and mounting details, cable / ladder routing drawings, instrument layouts, cable penetration (MCT) details, E-House and control room layouts, detector layouts and loops;
- Ability to understand and work with P&ID, piping specifications and client’s FEED documents;
- Experience with design work to support interfaces requirements with the third party equipment related to instrument & automation packages and to provide tailor made solution with cost effectiveness if required
- Responsible for adherence to the QHMS requirements with respect to design and delivery of correct engineering documentation (e.g. deliverables within budget, quality & planned timeframe);
- Capable of carrying out site surveys to analyse installation and retrofitting requirements, provide alternative solutions and generate site survey reports;
- Responsible for class approval of project related documents
- Monitor progress of associated design team and generate progress reports.
- Any other associated tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation/Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Marine Offshore / Oil & Gas industry projects and able to lead the project in Instrument discipline
- Experience in AutoCAD, MS Office (Word, Excel), Tools
- Experience in 3D modelling and MS Access is an advantage;
- Familiar with ICSS/DCS/PLC based system and field instrumentation designs for marine and offshore projects.
- Must have excellent co-operative skills, good communication skills and result oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate colleges;
- Pay package will be commensurate with experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.