Lead Engineer - Hardware Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Lead Engineer - Hardware within Vessel Systems. Vessel Systems is a delivery unit in Kongsberg Maritime and is responsible for our core markets. Vessel Systems Hardware Engineering & Support Offshore delivers world class ship automation systems to vessels worldwide. Your main responsibility will be Hardware Engineering with extended responsibility within the profession and project execution.
Our projects are new shipbuilding with integrated automation systems, control systems, dynamic positioning systems and autonomy. We deliver our products to all types of vessels in the high-end market. Our department is responsible for hardware engineering of our deliveries for the offshore segment, in close cooperation with other members of the project teams. We are looking to strengthen our team with an experienced Hardware Engineer.
You will be part of a team with highly skilled engineers who assist each other and cooperate well with professional challenges and contribute towards common goals.
- Hardware engineering for Kongsberg Maritime core products, including automation, dynamic positioning, thruster control, consoles and navigation products
- Extended responsibility for one or more areas in the profession, including improvements and training of colleagues
- Close cooperation with other departments, e.g. sales department, product department and local offices globally
- Further develop department routines for project engineering with regards to quality, time consumption and profitability
- Be hardware responsible in multiple project teams
- Limited travelling might be required
Qualifications and experience
- Educated from technical or maritime university, Bachelor of Science or similar
- Experience as senior or lead hardware engineer or similar in Kongsberg Maritime
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stefan Warlo Samuelsen, Manager, + 47 95 88 52 71
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
*Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.